In less than a week, accused triple murderer James Michael Wright was scheduled to stand trial for the murder of three women in Mendota, Virginia in 2019. But instead is pleading guilty to three counts of first degree murder. Wright was charged with killing Athena Hopson, Elizabeth Vanmeter, and Joycelyn Alsup. Wright said at the time of his arrest the deaths were accidental. Each of the women’s bodies was found with gunshot wounds.
- Next story Kingsport Man Identified As Victim In Fatal Shooting In Johnson City, Massive Investigation Underway
- Previous story National Guard releases report of hiker rescue near Sampson Mountain
- Ramaswamy, Trump campaigns clap back after Romney says he wouldn't vote for them in 2024
- Crash near Boston leaves 2 cars wedged in front of former restaurant location with passengers trapped inside
- Eddie Izzard returns to New York stage this winter to take on 'Hamlet' solo
- Military removes fuel from plane that overshot runway in Hawaii's Kaneohe Bay
- United Nations 'downplayed' Hamas violence to perpetuate image of Israel as 'the aggressor': Israeli professor